Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Joy's" Almond Crusted Tilapia

Almond-Crusted Tilapia
Adapted From Good Housekeeping

Ingredients:
2 lemons
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/8 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
4 (6 ounces each) tilapia fillets
1/4 cup(s) sliced natural almonds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grate the zest of about 1 1/2 lemons. Cut the remaining half lemon into 4 wedges. Mix the zest, juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Spray 13" by 9" glass baking dish with nonstick spray; place tilapia, dark side down, in dish. Drizzle tilapia with lemon mixture; top with almonds, pressing them on. Bake 15 minutes or until tilapia turns opaque.

Notes: anyone who knows me well knows I swear by my pesto-crusted tilapia. It is one of my go-to dishes (I keep tilapia in my freezer nearly always). Anyhow, this summer (2009) during our family trip to the Outer Banks, my sister made this dish, and I must say, it might be a second go to dish using tilapia at my house. I haven't made it yet, but I think it will be on the menu plan next week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment